Monday, December 1, 2008

My Video Podcast

This was more fun than I thought it would be! I decided to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" for two reasons. The first is that I believe that reading is important, especially for a future English teacher! And second I was really in the Christmas spirit and had just decorated my tree (as you can see in the background!) so I wanted to show it off!! I was a little confused at first because I never used a webcam and had just gotten one that day. Setting up the webcam was more difficult than I thought it would be because everytime I tried to set the volume on the microphone, my computer shut down! Still don't know why, but eventually I got it to work! And then I had problems getting podomatic to create my videocast,(and again I still don't know why), so I used Windows Movie Maker and uploaded my video into podomatic when I was done which was fairly easy. I also had to drag my Christmas tree from the living room into the dining room so that it would be in the video! But after all the confusion and dragging, I am really happy with the video. I know the lighting is a little dark, but that's ok, just pretend it's a dark and snowy winter night when you're watching! I hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

Allen said...

I love The Night Before Christmas. I had my kids read the grinch but I was unable to upload it.