Monday, November 24, 2008

Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips

The podcast that I listened to this week was Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips on Itunes. This podcast caught my attention because it is all about using proper grammar in the English language. Because I am going to be teaching English, I thought it would be good for me to brush up on my grammar skills. I also think that this podcast would be a great tool for my future students because the podcasts are relatively short but give a lot of helpful information on how to use words correctly. The narrator of this podcast also suggested that listeners check out a blog titled sentencesleuth by Bonnie Trenga which I did, and I LOVE IT!!! It is helpful, funny and full of information on the proper uses of grammar! I added both the blog and the podcast to my RSS and added a link to sentencesleuth on my blog list so now everything is connected! If you are planning to teach English or currently teach English, I highly recommend both the blog and the podcast as useful tools both inside and outside of the classroom!

No comments: